Howdy! Sorry I haven’t posted anything in ages! It seems like I wait to post something worth while, so I wait. Having said that, today I am bringing you a couple of inspirational projects that I recently did that you will hopefully like. 🙂
I was at Target a couple weeks ago and saw a necklace there that I just had to have. However, it cost $17 and I was not going to pay that for something I could easily make. No way. The original design had pearls and a gold heart pendant that was about 2 or so inches wide. I knew I could make it myself, so after waiting what seemed like forever, I went to Michaels. They didn’t have a gold heart pendant, but I was able to adapt the design a little and use another pendant that worked. (Btw, Michael’s has way more cute pendants than Joanns…)
This is everything I used:
2 99 cent strands of white pearls
About 3-4 feet of bronze/gunmetal colored wire
3 jump rings (I made some out of my colored wire so it matched using my round nose pliers and wire cutter)
Round nose pliers
I attached three pearls together with wire and attached the pendant. Then, I attached a jump ring to three pearls, and made one strand of pearls on both sides which I also attached to the jump ring. I finished it off to my desired length, and attached a large ring and clasp to finish it! 🙂
It ended up looking like this: ( sorry about the poor photography quality; the camera on my kindle is not very good)
I really like how it turned out!! 🙂
So the other day I found this really cute bracelet idea. I made one for myself and thought that it turned out looking great! 🙂 The website that I found this tutorial on did a good job explaining how to make this bracelet, so, I will direct you to there for the instructions. Link: http://yesmissy.com/2013/03/07/jewelry-diy-suede-chain-woven-bracelet-part-3/
Have fun with it. 🙂
So, I got this great idea for jewelry making the other day. I made this necklace today and really like it. Just wanted to share the idea with you. All that it’s made of is a silver leaf pendant, gray pearl, and a deep purple swarovski crystal, a large one….
I probably used around 30 inches of silver chain…… about. It’s supposed to be long, but you can cut the chain to the length of your choice. 🙂 You can find similar supplies at your local craft store.
Hi! I am glad that you’re here! It is my hope that this blog will be a place for you to find cool ideas, crafts, projects, and anything fun, though sometimes random. 🙂 Please comment and let me know how you like it. Also, you can comment and tell me what you’d like to have featured on here and what kinds of things you would like to read about. Happy reading!!! 🙂
I will try to post more soon!!!
This is a very easy craft, and all you’ll need is scissors and an assortment of scrapbook paper. I made the five letters that are in my name. Choose a few different papers with different patterns that coordinate with each other. Very carefully, cut out the letters you want in your selected paper patterns. As you do this, choose which size your letters are going to be. Trim the edges when you are finished. Once you are done with this, you’ll have cool letters that can be used to add creativity and cuteness to any room! 🙂
I learned how to do this from one of my friends. It makes a great piece of decor for a room. There is basically no way for you to do it wrong, since the crayons melt differently each time. It is easy to do, and only takes about 30-45 mins and it looks so awesome!
What you’ll need:
1. Art painting canvas (a piece of cardboard works great too)
2. Lots of crayons
3. Tacky glue, modge podge, or another glue that will hold the crayons
1. First, put a thin line of glue on one side of each of the crayons.
2. Next, center them on the art canvas or cardboard in a rainbow-like line wherever you want. Press down on each crayon firmly so that they get glued to the board.
3. After you have glued the crayons to the board, you will need to wait for the glue to dry.
4. Once the glue is dry, prop the board with the side on which the crayons are, up a little bit to a slant.
5. Finally, use the hairdryer to melt the crayons. It will take a while for the crayons to melt. Once they start to melt, move the hairdryer or board in different angles to make the crayons melt in the way that you want them to. Once you are satisfied with the look, wait a couple minutes for the crayons to dry. You’re done!!